Friday, July 29, 2011

Proj 365 July 29th

 Here is an exercise in varying lighting. Here is a shot with the point and shoot using the flash and a fairly quick shutter speed. Notice the moth is lit (perhaps a little too much) and the background is dark. The flash lit the moth and the quick shutter limited the light from the background. (Using my Nikon D300 would have made this easier but I didn't have it and that is the advantage of a Point and Shoot.

Now the shutter is open longer letting the background become more exposed. I think I managed to turn the flash down a little.

Now the flash if off and the shutter open. the moth is underexposed as there is little light from overhead (I'm in a outdoor hallway) and the background is lit from the ambient light and having the shutter open longer.
Finally the light is properly balanced and the focus is correct. (The others were a little soft.)

No comments:

Post a Comment