Monday, May 16, 2011

Proj 365 May 16th

Ok, I know, another two for day. But this was a great day. I had been on a photowalk of downtown Rocky Mount and I discovered a fire station across the street from the train station. It was closed; I guess because it was Good Friday (hold on I will explain a fire station being closed). So I came back the following Saturday. No luck, nobody home. Hhhmmm. Finally I called a local fire station a few days later and it turns out this station is a training and administration station and doesn't have fire trucks etc. Hence, it is only open Monday through Friday, 8 to 5. So I finally got down there during the week (Monday) and asked to take photos. They were more than welcome and explained some of the equipment. Here are two of the shots. Thee rest will be posted to my photo website at www dot HLDPhotos dot com (spelling to fight spammers) and for the story at HTTP://HLDPhotos.blogspot dot com.


Yes, it really works! At a fair of some type a few years ago, they loaded the coal and  lit the boiler and had it up and running.

Here you can see where the driver sat (where the hat is).


For more photos check out either www.HLDPhotos dot com or HTTP://HLDPhots.blogspot dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment