Friday, May 6, 2011

Proj 365 May 6th

A three for day. My daughter showed me this place when I was trying to find a way to buy Sweet Sour Chinese soup I could make at home. Luckily her friend Ginny is Asian and had showed it to my daughter. So Go here to pick up some soup and fresh mangos. Spotted a few things I had to go back and get a picture of.

Its a great p[lace and they have gotten more things with some English on the container but it still takes a sense of adventure and looking at pictures.

 So here we have the first item. Honey Crystals. Almost the entire label is foreign (Chinese or Japanese I do not know!) But look carefully at the bottom and look where it came from!! I am standing in Raleigh in the middle of an Asian food store and the product with an Asian label says "Made in America". Somewhere there is a sense of irony in it.








Then we have the smoked meat section (it beats the fish section whose smell permeates almost the entire store). Actually it looks pretty good. They have a place next to these ducks you can order lunch. I will try it out but I will probably have to ask for help from one of the English speaking staff (They have some to help shoppers like me). It really is a fascinating place to shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment