Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Proj 365 May 4th

More experimenting. Now it's time to head outside with plenty of bright sunlight. Yesterday (last night) I was shooting straight at 4 40 watt bulbs. Now way am I going to shoot directly at a bright sun (sunsets and sunrises aren't that bright but still be careful). So I took aim at my stark white utility shed in my back yard with the sun shining directly on it (no clouds, shade, or late day light).

 Here again, I started out with 1/8000 sec shutter speed and aperture of f/2.8. Actually came out pretty good. I was a little surprised. Again ISO is 200.






Now lets change to a more common aperture of f/8. f/2.8 is a big aperture lens. Now the image is getting dark. But one more thing.







What if I shoot at 1/60 of a second with f/2.8 aperture? Sort of the opposite of the first photo, quick shutter and wide open aperture. YES, there is an image to the left. Against a white background (What I am editing in) I can barely see it.

Bottom line in all this is to experiment. and try different things.

No comments:

Post a Comment