Thursday, March 24, 2011

Proj 365 Mar 24th

Ok, you folks have been shooting flowers and calling it the start of spring - HA. HERE is the start of spring! I've been trying to out some Scotts fertilizer with Halts that will prevent and hopefully kill this weed. The only trouble is getting the combination of my work schedule, the rain, and the temperature to match. When I get home at 10 or 11, I don't think the neighbors would take too kindly to me doing yard work and it is hard to do in the dark. I cut the front yard last week and you need to not but this stuff down for 3-4 days after you cut it. Then the rain came. Then the temp fell. It had ben 87 twice and 85 a couple of days later but now that I am off today and tomorrow, it is raining and the temperature has fallen to a high of 42 and a low of 34. Still looking at the forecast and my schedule. Things should get easier after April 4th as the last day our store (Borders books) is open will be Saturday Apr 2nd. I'm doing to the Flashbus seminar on Monday April 4th so after the 4th I will have lots of time to spread the fertilizer if the weather cooperates. Bring on the weeds! (I am tired of planting grass and watching the weeds grow so next year I am going to plant weeds and watch the grass grow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment