Friday, January 21, 2011

Proj 365 Jan 19th An Old House Along the Way in Georgia

I had to stop several times on the way down and on the way back and will document the trip in my other blog (www.HLDPhotos.blogspot.com) But this was one of the most striking photos.

Maybe I am an old sentimental softy but when I passed this house, I had to go back and capture its image. I couldn't help but wonder about the history of the house. What was it like when it was brand new? What were the people like who could afford such a large home for what was obviously a long time ago. Notice the upper level of the house and the gable that indicates the upper portion was lived in also. A large family? A lot of children?

Only the ghosts of the pasts can tell that story.

More photos of this and my trip can be found at HLDPhotos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment