Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Proj 365 Jan 25 Red HHR

Something that reflects part of my life. How about the rental car that I am stuck with until I get my wife's Honda Civic out of the shop. First, its Fire engine red, great to attract police with. And the ergonomics of the interior are less than optimal. no matter how I adjusted the seat, the top of the windshield was too low, the bottom of the window was too high to rest my arm on, and the arm rest on the door was too low. And I had to get the manual out to figure out how to open the gas door to put gas in!!!
Engine, performance, braking, and steering were all good. But the layout and the controls were something else. The issue with the gas door was that I am used to either a lever to push/pull or on my son's car, a dimple in the back of the door to pull the door open with. On this one, Nada!!! After reading the manual (humiliating) I found out that you push on the back part of the door itself and it will spring open. Fine once you know the trick. Even my other Chevy's never worked like that.

Looking forward to getting my wife's car back (and then mine).

No comments:

Post a Comment