Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Proj 365 Apr 13th

I have been planning and working on this shot for about a year. On my way to work I noticed the Raleigh skyline to my left as I drove to work on Hwy 64. Figured it would make a nice sunset shot, BUT the power lines were in the way. Then on another trip I notices that the exit ramp for Hodges road had huge hill between the entrance ramp and the highway. I catch that exit on the next trip when I have time before work and stop and climb up the hill. Perfect! But the sun was too far to the left as it was winter then (I'm facing west). So I calculate as the sun shifts back tot he north during the summer, I need to be there about September. BUT, I never had time to get it, the wether wasn't right, there was no colorful sunset, you get the idea.
Back to present. Looked at the calendar and saw I could get the shot and would have time to do it my next rip to Raleigh. Weather looks good so I am hoping this will yield a colorful sunset. (Red sky at night, sailors delight..). Made sure I was there at about 7:30 (sunset here currently). Barely made it. Proceeded to fire off a series of shots t various shutter and apertures. On a quick pick for Proj 365, I liked this one.

Did a spot fix for a little glare beside a water tower in the distance. Negative exposure gradient in LR2 to take out the barely discernible cars and road. Some clarity and vibrance. No Saturation or luminance adjustment.

May try again in September and try to catch the sun more to the left as it moves southward.

Some photos have taken ages to get. I have a series of a railroad track that I have in the fall, winter, spring and summer. A year long project.

1 comment: